Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Short-Selling the Public Sector

It's what the foul beasts who own our economy live for.  And they ensure we elect politicians who will accede to their demands, regardless of the long-term consequences of their decisions.
[I]t kind of sucks when a politician decides to reach decades into the future to sell piles of public treasure to unaccountable private (and occasionally foreign) interests in order to solve a present-day budget problem. Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer my elected officials, particularly my sneering, superior, billionaire public officials, to lean toward protecting and safeguarding public property, as opposed to selling off the public's future to finance their own short-term political ends.
 Scott Walker is one of those politicians adored by the foul beasts of industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment