Thursday, November 1, 2012

I'll Take James Bond Theme Songs for $200, Alex!


Sure he's a tool of British imperialism.  But he's sooooo cool...

A few days ago, my niece posted on her Facebook page how much she liked the theme for the latest James Bond film, Skyfall by the flash-in-the-pan Adele.  I listened to the song and it's alright, certainly not the best (or even nearly the best) Bond theme.  So I figured I'd create a quick post of my 5 favorite James Bond themes (none of which are by Adele).  A complete list is available here.

#5:Carley Simon: The Spy who Loved Me

#4: Tina Turner: Goldeneye (Music and Lyrics by Bono & The Edge)

#3: Duran Duran: A View to a Kill

#2: Paul McCartney & Wings: Live and Let Die

#1: Shirley Bassey: Goldfinger

1 comment:

  1. Personally #3 is my favorite of the ones you listed, but all are pretty darn good.

    ReplyDelete